Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
First let me say that I will never go to any place besides Santa Ana Auto Care. I spent weeks trying to figure out who I was going to take my car to for preventative maintenance. Brake (F/R), Drive belts, Throttle body service etc.. The price was better than anywhere else and the work was done expertly and quickly. Maher and Muhammad were absolutely amazing. Now here is why I will never go anywhere else. The drive belts were missed. They did a bunch of work. Easy to miss it on the list I had. I reached out and let them know it was not on the bill. They reached back out quickly and we got it taken care of with NO inconvenience to me. Maher and Muhammad were on it. You don't get quality of work AND customer service like this anywhere else. I appreciate them greatly and will take any work needing done to them. Thank you for everything.
David Ritchey, 03/04/2022
They did everything they said they would do
Tyrrell Wilson, 03/08/2022
They are super friendly and honest, I highly recommend going to them for any type of vehicle repairs.
Edwin baker, 03/02/2022